2 outlets from 1 propane tank

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kayos

Reaction score
I thought this would be easy, but I am having a tough time finding a way to run 2 burners from 1 propane tank. Iwhen I search for "propane manifold" I get 2 tanks to 1 line. Anyone give me a link?

I thought this would be really common, but I guess not. When you do a brew stand or sculpture, don't you just run 1 tank with a hose that has 3 outlets on it? I am looking for something like that.

I use a Y adapter that I picked up at Sportsmans Warehouse.

F271735.jpg

EdWort said:
I use a Y adapter that I picked up at Sportsmans Warehouse.

F271735.jpg

I must be off here...but don't all 3 ends need to be the same size? The end that connects to the tank should be the same as the other two, right? Or do you guys have huge tanks that have different connectors than mine?

Kayos said:
I must be off here...but don't all 3 ends need to be the same size? The end that connects to the tank should be the same as the other two, right? Or do you guys have huge tanks that have different connectors than mine?

No, all new OPD tanks will take the threaded male like the old ones. So the male goes to the tank the two females can either use the old male hose (since they have internal threads)or the newer female hose used with OPD tanks.

morebeer4me said:
No, all new OPD tanks will take the threaded male like the old ones. So the male goes to the tank the two females can either use the old male hose (since they have internal threads)or the newer female hose used with OPD tanks.

You are correct about the OPD, but the pictured Y adapter (I have the same one) is not for OPD. I use a 100 lb tank with different threads, there's a picture in the link in post #2. The pictured Y is for that style of tank, but I'm sure they make one for OPD as well.

Pabst Blue Robot said:
You are correct about the OPD, but the pictured Y adapter (I have the same one) is not for OPD. I use a 100 lb tank with different threads, there's a picture in the link in post #2. The pictured Y is for that style of tank, but I'm sure they make one for OPD as well.

Actually morebeer4me is right. Most OPD tanks(like the 20# ones at loews/home depot) will take both types of connectors. The tank valve has both the old style threads on the inside and the new threads on the outside. This makes it possible for old gezzers like me to use my old propane grill with the new tanks without having to replace the regulator (or the connector on the regulator).

Back