• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

(2)Hot Waterbed Heater For Sale

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tally350z

Reaction score
So we got rid of our water bed and inside were two hot water heaters. I didn't just want to throw them out, cause I figured someone could reuse them as a heater for fermentation. I live in the southeast so I definitely do not need them.
The dial on the heater unit says it goes from 70 - 100*F. I am not sure how accurate these are going to be as I have not tested them, so be cautious when buying/using.

Asking $20 each OBO..

PC040217.jpg

PC040218.jpg

PC040219.jpg

PC040220.jpg

PC040221.jpg

Update: Just checked them online and they are not supposed to be submersed in water..

I use a water bed heater in the winter to keep my fermenters warm. I wrap it around the outside. It isnt the same as these but it is very similar. The thermostat on mine isnt very good so I just turn it up all the way and use a ranco to keep the temp where I want it.

Sorry for the delay in more pictures.

The largest diameter of the probe is 5/16.

I also plugged them in to find out how long they take to heat up. It is pretty quick and only of of them works. So I only have one for sale.

PC070223.jpg

PC070224.jpg

PC070226.jpg

PC070227.jpg

PC070229.jpg

Well, that won't work for me. My thermowells are 0.300" ID...

Guess I'll just keep on using the heating pad and have the sensor inside the thermowell for now. It's doing a nice job of things as it stands. I like the 2 hour run time built into the heating pad too. I can set it to a temperature number (1-8) and check on it at any point to see how it's doing. Or just look after about two hours to see what it got up to. :D

Back