2 Gallon MLT Completed

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Derek1985

Reaction score
Finally got my fittings together from Lowe's the other day and put my small batch mash tun together.

I did a test mash with it last night (1 lb. Briess Pils, 1 lb. Briess Pale, 1/2 lb. Oats) and it worked like a charm.

Still need to get my process down a little more, but my initial (admittedly rushed) mash and sparge resulted in ~65% efficiency.

Looking to eventually integrate this into my Mini-Brutus setup.

IMG_1116.jpg

IMG_1117.jpg

Looks good. You make super small batches or what? Why not just brew in a bag?

I like it! I made one just the same out of some drink coolers I was given. I had all the parts laying around from other projects. I basically did it to see if it would work, and it does. Great for small batches or making your own starter wort.

Looks good. You make super small batches or what? Why not just brew in a bag?

I'm planning on between 1-1.5 gallon batches.

I guess I still want to have the technique and process experience to translate to larger equipment should I desire.

Plus, this way I can either brew on the stove or my gas grill burner. I'd be able to use the kitchen stove with larger equipment but heat up times are very fast with such a small volume. I brought ~1.75gal of wort to a rolling boil in less than 10 minutes last night.

Back