2 for 1, where to find used small scale hops processor..and search bar!?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Squeebo43

Reaction score
Yes...it's true, I cannot find the search bar in the forums to search the 172 pages about hops....

And yes.. I'm on the West coast and for the life of me cannot find a picker/ processor...HELP!!

On your second question, what are you looking for? A picker to purchase? A mobile unit to pick for you?

There are some that do contract picking in CO and the upper midwest but for the most part, its to expensive. You are better off buying something or hiring hand pickers.

For processing, how small scale are you talking? We contract pelletize outside of Madison, WI but it takes 30 lbs just to charge the die. There are smaller systems in CO and NY that would only have a 5 lbs waste or so but I don't know of any in CA.

There are a number of growers in the San diego area. You could try down there.

If you are a homegrower, you aren't going to find anyone to pelletize. look on this forum for making hop plugs. Basicaly cramming them into a PVC pipe to compact them into little pucks.

Back