2 Different tastes: Botttled Extracts and Kegged AG

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

D-Boss

Reaction score
I made 4 batches of extract brew (dry yeast)and bottled with priming suger. I then made the switch to AG and made 4 batches (liquid yeast) and force carbed in a keg. The taste difference between the two is pretty distinct. The bottles are sort of sharp? tasting and the keg beer is so smooth. The carbonation was perfect on both. Just want to know what made the difference? The yeast? Priming sugar? Just being AG?:confused:

The scientific method tells us to change one variable at a time to appreciate the effect of any given outcome.

The differences are many. All you can really do is try different things and see what you like.

Who cares what some guy on an internet forum has to say? :)

I am currently doing extract brews and bottling. I noticed a pretty significant improvement in flavor when I switched to a liquid yeast, so my vote would be to that.
Also, I have a friend that does all grain brews, and I personally don't think that his beers taste any better then mine.

Back