• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

2.5 Gallon Kegs

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cardinalsfan

Reaction score
Looking to get a couple 2.5 gallon kegs. Adventures in Homebrew has them new for $79 so I'd like to pay a little less than that, something like $60 each shipped if possible.

Let me know if you have anything, thanks!!

Good luck!

Second that! Every body wants these lately and there is no real use for them outside of homebrewing so they are crazy expensive. I would love our or five 3 gallon kegs but they cost more than 5 gallons. Sorry to rain on your parade but it probably won't get much less expensive than that, especially if you need to ship them.

Chances are you won't find any for less than that. Most of the time you'll see them for closer to $100 each. Even used they go for more (on ebay, or locally). I would say grab several (as many as you can afford) at the $79 price, since they probably won't be that low for long.

Actually, just looked at those kegs. They're the cheap Chinese made versions. I wouldn't get them at that price (or any price). Check out Keg Connection to see how much their [high quality] kegs are. Rebel Brewer also has the high quality kegs.

whats wrong with the ones from AIH?

Besides that their the cheaply made kegs? It's been posted before about how they come coated in something (which you need to wash off) and how the walls are thinner than the Italian ones.

Most of the kegs I own in the 2.5 and 3 gallon sizes (which is all but one 5 gallon corny keg) are the Italian version (from Rebel Brewer). I have a couple that are the ones that come with red lids, that I don't like as much (the lids take more pressure to seal). Still, all of them are SOLID kegs. I don't care that they don't shine. In fact, I kind of like the satin finish mine have.

If all you care about is cost, then get the cheap kegs. Just don't be surprised when they dent super easy or slice you open when you brush against the lid opening.

The AIH kegs still around $85 by the time they ship. I'd like a few of the smaller kegs, but I think they are just priced too high.

The AIH kegs still around $85 by the time they ship. I'd like a few of the smaller kegs, but I think they are just priced too high.

Have you not seen the cost of NEW 5 gallon corny kegs?? The days of inexpensive 5 gallon kegs are coming to an end. The used ones are going up in cost almost everywhere. Pretty soon used ones will be very close to new keg prices.

cardinalsfan said:
Looking to get a couple 2.5 gallon kegs. Adventures in Homebrew has them new for $79 so I'd like to pay a little less than that, something like $60 each shipped if possible.

Let me know if you have anything, thanks!!

I'd take a look at Beverage Elements. Best price on new, non-Chinese made, 3 gal. kegs.
I have six and they are very well made.

Back