1st time force carbonating

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VT Brewer

Reaction score
Hey all,
both kegs ran dry, and now I am throwing in 2 new batches and am force carbonating. My question -
My blonde ale was kegged a week ago with some sugar water and left at room temperature - she is now hooked up to 30 psi and in the fridge.
My second batch (raspberry wheat) was just put into a keg with sugar water minutes ago. how and when would anyone suggest I connect the second keg, and how long am I going to leave the co2 at 30 psi? My temp is set to 38 degrees.
Please help?
VT Brewer

Is the blonde ale carbonated already? A week might have been enough. If so, just put it on at serving pressure. Otherwise 24 hours at 30 psi should get you started.

it should be close. It was kegged with sugar water a week ago. It's been at 30psi and chilling for about 5 hours. Let me pour the first glass and see.
...brb....
I was worried that the sugar water in the wheat would have zero effect if I immediately put it in the fridge. I also didn't want to let the blonde ale sit for a long time at 30psi.

the blonde taste good, not a real good head yet though...it could stand a little more time is what I am thinkin

Back