1st time connecting kegging equipment and puzzled!~

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk:

Cugel

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

Just connected my new-ish co2 regulator to a CO2 tank yesterday for the 1st time. I just want to connect the equipment together and see if it's all working well before I start to fill the keg with quality homebrew.

The gauge showing the tank's pressure seems to work fine - have about 800 psi - but I cannot get the other gauge (goes from 0-60psi) to budge at all. Can't find leaks - used soapy water to check.

Any ideas where to go next? Or what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks.

OP
Cugel

Cugel

Reaction score
Ah. Thanks... I just tried loosening that nut with said screwdriver and it worked just fine!!!! It makes more sense that the co2 flow is controlled by a nut than just by a simple lever.

Many thanks to all for your help!!!!

Skins_Brew

Reaction score
I am pretty new to kegging too but something i figured out early on was when i was turning the screw to raise pressure, after i got the desired pressure, i had to turn the screw back about half a turn or else i could hear a leak.

EdWort

Reaction score
Redskins838892 said:
I am pretty new to kegging too but something i figured out early on was when i was turning the screw to raise pressure, after i got the desired pressure, i had to turn the screw back about half a turn or else i could hear a leak.
What you could have heard was the flow of gas as you increased the pressure. It would continue to flow till it reached the desired pressure, then stop.

Skins_Brew

Reaction score
That is what i thought might have been happening. Just the CO2 tank slowly filling up the last few fractions of PSI but i let it be for about 10 minutes and i still heard it. A quick half turn in the opposite direction silenced it. Maybe i just have a retarded regulator.