1st time brewer, needing help.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Justjoe

Reaction score
So last night I made my 1st solo attempt at brewing. Everything has gone fine until I put the wort into my fermenting bucket. I put the airlock (with water) into the hole at the top of the bucket I was using but it seems that nothing is happening?

Any suggestions on what I should do? I am sorry to be asking such a newbish question but I'm very concerned.

Guess I will wait and see then. I made a couple batches with a friend and those went crazy right away so I was/am stressing.

Sometimes they do go nuts right off the bat, sometimes they get a slow start. Assuming you did actually pitch yeast in there (you did, right?) I'm sure it'll be fine in a few weeks. :mug:

Edited: Oh damn! Coastarine beat me to it. :D

Yep, way too early to worry. Congratulations on your first solo! The good news is that posting this type of thread usually causes fermentation to kick off soon after posting. It is some kind of weird beer god joke. :D

Welcome to HBT!

Back