1st pull from my 1st ever brew.....

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bikerbrewgal

Reaction score
Was finally able to pull a pint of my first ever brewed beer (Mackinac Red) and I am very pleased with the results! It came out much better than I could have ever hoped. My hubby said it tasted "just like the microbrewery's red" and another brewer really liked it as well. Me, I'm just thrilled. Can't wait for my IPA to go to keg now.

Here's how I made my red (general outline):

12 days in primary, 6 days in secondary, then to keg. Once in the keg I refrigerated it overnight to approx. 37 degrees. I then put 30psi of pressure on the keg & let it sit for approx. 8 hrs. No rolling or shaking of the keg at all. Tasted the brew and while it still needed another day of carbonation, it was carbonated enough to be drinkable at this point. Reduced psi to 12 and let it sit at that pressure. She's almost perfect now. going to check it again this morning and adjust psi down as needed

I really learned a lot from the folks on this board & would like to thank everyone for their advice. I'm sure I'll be having many more questions as I continue to brew. On my 2nd batch (IPA) I did it right & took the OG reading and will continue to check & record the gravity. I also am taking very detailed notes as I brew so I can figure out what I did right or wrong.

Cheers! :mug:

Back