1st lager

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
JLem said:
2 minutes left in the boil of my first ever lager...

:ban:

that is all :D

My buddy just left after transferring our first lagers into kegs, then back in the Ferm chamber for lagering. So tasty! We did a split batch: 10 gals of the same grain bill, then split for 5 gals each of German Pils and BoPils. So glad the first attempt went so well.

My buddy just left after transferring our first lagers into kegs, then back in the Ferm chamber for lagering. So tasty! We did a split batch: 10 gals of the same grain bill, then split for 5 gals each of German Pils and BoPils. So glad the first attempt went so well.

Nice...mine's a German Pils...immersion chiller working on it now.

98% Pilsener malt
2% acid malt (for mash pH)
New Zealand Hallautau hops - FWH, 60 min, 15 min, and 1 min
going to pitch a starter of WLP833

I even did a protein rest and a single decoction to get to mash out...totally geeked out on this one

JLem said:
Nice...mine's a German Pils...immersion chiller working on it now.

98% Pilsener malt
2% acid malt (for mash pH)
New Zealand Hallautau hops - FWH, 60 min, 15 min, and 1 min
going to pitch a starter of WLP833

I even did a protein rest and a single decoction to get to mash out...totally geeked out on this one

I'll say! :)

Ours was 94% Pilsner and 6% Carapils. Czech Saaz at 60, 30, 10, 0.
Single infusion at 154 and pitched 2278. The German, I'm not sure what hops or yeast. That was my buddy's dept.

Back