1st Comp Sugestion

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brewme

Reaction score
I am looking to enter my first comp and I had a couple questions:

1) Any recommendations for a smaller comp that you have had great feedback and yet still had a chance (and maybe did) win.

2) Does the entry cost cover each category you enter or is it per category? From what I have seen, it might look like each comp. is different and can go both ways; I just want to confirm this.

3) Of those that compete, how many categories (or subcategories) do you usually send in?

1) I am about to enter my first competition next month, so I don't have any suggestion of easily winnable competitions; but, here is the AHA's comp schedule:

Competition Schedule

They should all have decent judges that are capable of offering some solid feedback.

2) I believe the general rule is you will pay the entry fee per beer, not per category. But, it might be worth checking with whichever competition you decide to enter.

3) This is my first and I only have one, maybe two, that are competition worthy IMHO.

Hope this helps.

Neal

Latest posts

Back