1st brew

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigox420

Reaction score
Well I finally made my first brew. I decided to start with the Rouge Hazelnut Brown Nectar. Just bottled it last night now I wait. I did taste it and it was pretty good.

Anyone else ever brew with the Rouge kits?

Congrats on your first beer :mug: Be sure to give it plenty of time in the bottles! But I recommend you sample one per week to learn about how the flavors change, and to help you understand that waiting is a virtue :)

I haven't personally tried those kits.

Welcome to the addictive world of homebrewing..! I totally agree with what donut said.. my first AG brew was a Belgian Wit ... tried it after a week in the bottles and was sorely tempted to dump the whole thing... tasted like sour, soggy dog bath water... thought I'd sctewed something up bit let it sit for three weeks and HEY..!! Down to my last four bottles now...!

Thanks for the info. I do plan on trying one or two before the full 2 weeks in bottles. So far my first taste at bottling was not a bad experience. So I assume ( hope ) it only gets better. I will post more tastings when complete.

CHEERS
and happy brewing.

I've brewed a few Rogue kits in my day - Oatmeal Stout and the Dead Guy Ale - both turned out wonderfully...directions were spot on.

Welcome to the hobby...

Back