1st attempt beer logo

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beerme70

Reaction score
This is my first idea at a logo, and I'd like to know what ya think.

VikingBrewery01b.JPG

I'm not a fan of the cartoon look, but that is a preference. With that said, I would work on the text. I think it is a little thin looking. http://www.dafont.com/ has a ton of cool fonts.

Congrats on your first label. :mug:

Same here, I think the font should be a touch easier to read. I couldn't tell if it said "Drunken or Drinken".

I think it would look better if the fonts were more consistent. If the brewery name is hand-written, then so should the brews name.

Not to keep nitpicking but you might want to center the oval and rectangle

viking.jpg

OUCH! Keep in mind, this is still in the rough draft stage, however, the not being center is a good catch. Thanks. The handwritten/font mix thing, you're right on that one too. I'm going to peruse dafont.com to try and find a do-able font. I'm still hashing out a background color to go with.

Nice. See we can be critical, but with all the armchair label makers out here how could you not get better. :)

Inkscape is a big pain in the ass!!!!!!!!!!!!! I don't consider myself a complete idiot, but that thing is f*&%$@#@ing hard to figure out!

There's a pretty steep learning curve with both programs. I don't have Inkscape completely figured out yet, but I'm learning. Here's an example of how Inkscape can clean up your image using the "Trace Bitmap" feature. I added the text with GIMP using the font, "Hurry Up."

viking.jpg

Now that's what I'm talking about. I tried that tracing crap, but cant seem to get it right enough to recolor it.

Where did you find that Viking art? Did you draw it or snatch it off the web?

OK, I think I got this thing figured out, kinduf. Now for the next problem. I try and save, and I can view it properly through inkscape, but viewing it online via inkscape's site, it's bogered up. I want to repost the pic here, but something's all hinky. Is there any other way to save it, or is that it?

I need to know who is using inkscape to design their beer labels, and how to effectively print them out. When I save my picture, and try to view it via inkscape's site, the freakin' thing is HUGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Also, I added some text, and It doesn't appear.

Easiest way I've found is to use the File -> Export Bitmap menu option. You can resize it in the dialog or just use your favorite image editor to scale the result.

cant you resize the bounding box to a more useable size of your image and then resize the whole image to fit the new bounding box. i believe under the picture properties you can change the size from pixels (as is default) to an actual size determinant. let me know if this helps!

I like it! Now the only way I can be sure though is if you stick it to a filled bottle and ship it to me. :mug:

Back