1st apfelwein

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

danorocks17

Reaction score
So after being on this forum for a couple of months I finally decided to check out Apfelwein. It was all over this forum and I came to the conclusion that it must be awesome so I found Edwort's recipe and was pleased to see it was very simple and a lot of people like it. I went to my local HBS to pick up some Montrachet yeast and some corn sugar, then hit up Wally World for some apple juice. I couldn't find 5 1 gallon bottles so I bought 7 3quart bottles, which is just a quart over 5 gallons (oh well, I'll just have a little more Apfelwein in the end) and my grand total for everything was.....$18.46! Talk about cheap. I"m excited to see how it turns out. Thanks Edwort!

Interesting side note: it's freaking delicious, and it will get you drunk in record time. Also, when you think 3 pints of apfelwein on a monday night is a good idea, you are wrong.

But welcome to the Apfelwein addiction. You'll be brewing JAOM next, I forsee it. ;)

Interesting side note: it's freaking delicious, and it will get you drunk in record time. Also, when you think 3 pints of apfelwein on a monday night is a good idea, you are wrong.

But welcome to the Apfelwein addiction. You'll be brewing JAOM next, I forsee it. ;)

haha, so the hangover's are killer? Maybe I could use them as weapons of minimal destruction.

Make 2 batches. You will drink up the first one way to fast. The second one will have aged enough by that time to be nice and tasty. Age is the best for this stuff. Its hard though because its soo good.

Back