1st all grain

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

robh1111975

Reaction score
just transfered my first batch of all grain to the secondary. I've been doing extract kits about a year now, but enjoyed the hands on aspects of choosing my grains. Should be a very refreshing beer when it's ready in a few weeks.
I dis a steep/drain method using two brew pots, a strainer & fine mesh screen.

I just did my first all grain about a month or so ago and have already done another and am planning on doing another soon. It's odd but I'm a lot more patient than I used to be so I haven't tasted the finished product yet but samples from the primary and secondary are promising. I always felt like I was cheating using extracts, I don't know I'm just that way. Be ready to buy lots more equipment, I just vastly increased my capacity due to a hot deal on Craig's list! +1 on the much better part I don't have that extract twang anymore wahoo!!!

Congrats! I'm jealous. If it wasn't for the 40 inches of snow on my back patio, I would have done my first AG batch last weekend. Its killing me that I finally have all the equipment, but nowhere to set up...

I hear ya. I'm gathering up my AG stuff now, and waiting for a warmup, or thaw. I've also got way too much other stuff to do, but I do plan on spending some time brewing.

Congrats on your first man! :mug:

Did my first back in January, and have been very happy with (most) of the results.

Back