1st All Grain Batch

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

billrigsby

Reaction score
I have finally got all my utensils together, and will try an All Grain Batch shortly.
I am looking for a recipe that if all goes terribly wrong, will not cost me much. I do not see that scenario happening BUT...... Murphys Law.

I have a 2.5 oz of East Kent Goldings and 1 oz of Hallertau Hops plus a vial of Ringwood Ale Yeast to use up, and will be down to the local shop this Friday, any suggestions?

Also any hints to be aware of, I have done my "book" research but trial and error is the best teacher sometimes.

Thanks, Bill :confused:

BTW, there are lots of sites for cooking..........list what you have and a recipe list come up, any like that for HB?

I don't know of any sites like that, but the recipe section on here is pretty good (not many with ringwood ale yeast though).

If you want to keep it cheap, a maris otter/EKG SMaSH beer is quite good.
Enough Maris otter to reach 1.048, then EKG at 60mins to 22IBU's, another 5IBU's at 15 to 20 minutes, then 0.5 oz (per 5gal) at flameout. Not sure how the ringwood yeast would go with it, I've never used it.

Back