1st all grain batch too watery

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beeramI

Reaction score
Well I just tasted my first all grain batch and it taste like a good beer that someone added too much water to. It was a five gallon batch. I used a 5 gallon cooler to soak the grains. I miscalculated the temperature so I added more hot water to bring it up. I basically ended up a with the five gallon cooler filled with water and grain. The temperature was good and I got great fermentation in the primary but now that it's conditioned it tastes like a good beer with water added. Was it the water to grain ratio? Will that do that and why? If you end up with the same amount it the brew pot does it matter?

You need to post your whole process, with water amounts, mash temps gravity reads etc.

I've been away for a while but just to wrap up this thread...I let it age and it got better. When I finished the keg it was a good summer beer. I'll relax next time and consider that the beer my just be immature.

Back