1L swing tops at World Market

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brewbot-14

Reaction score
Today at World Market I managed to find 1 Liter amber colored swing top bottles of Pumpkin Spiced Sparkling Apple juice for $3.99. That's cheaper than I could find 1 Liter bottles online (including shipping). I'd imagine since they're holding a carbonated drink they'd be good for bottling. Has anyone bought/used these? Any idea's what I'd do with all the pumpkin spiced apple juice if I were to buy a bunch? Maybe some pumpkin spiced apfelwein, I'll have to go back and check for preservatives.

What are some other good bottle finds you've had? I'm just getting started and I'm brewing faster than I can produce empty bottles. It's just too hard to buy empty bottles when you can find them filled with beer.

I've used those flip top bottles from World Market and they're great! The ber conditions just like in a 12 oz. bottle. the great thing is the price, you get some nice sarkling cider or soda to drink first, then ou end up with a perfect 1 liter serving of beer. I've also re-used one of those Coors refrigertor kegs that use a CO2 cartridge. They're not supposed to be reusable, but all you need to do is open the top, sanitize, fill with fermented wort and fill when you're bottling the rest of your batch. When the beer is ready youjust need to replace the CO2 cartridge (get a 16 oz at the LHBS) and you're ready to go. The best thing since sliced bread (or homebrew). There are lots of videos on Youtube so check it out.

Back