• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Pennsylvania 1BBL Electric brewery for Sale 3200

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CoalCracker

Reaction score
Well the time has come that I part with my baby... I have gone back to brewing 5 - 10 gallon batches. I've been enjoying the variety and the ability to mess with recipes without fear of dumping a huge batch of beer. Plus we are expecting our first next week, so time will be limited. So with that said, I have my 1bbl tippy dump for sale. I'll try and list everything but I know I'll miss something.

MLT: Brewers Hardware 30 gallon mash tun with Thermometer and custom sparge arm. Comes with lid
HLT: Brewers Hardware 30 gallon HLT with custom sight glass and element port. Comes with lid
BK: Bubbas Barrels 42 gallon stainless barrel. Connections are silver soldered. Comes with lid
- Sight glass
- drain valve
- whirlpool valve
- trub valve in the bottom of the kettle
- Element Port

Everything uses sanitary fittings. I beleive I have 4 1" valves and 1 1.5" valves. 22 clamps and probably a few more gaskets. Have 5 silicone hoses.

The stand is custom welded by me. Using 1.5x1.5 tube steel. You can park a truck on this thing..It includes a tippy dump for the mash tun that is locked in place by a cotter pin. Makes emptying all of that wet grain a breeze.

All electric fittings are included:
- Two thermocouples with XLR connections
- Two 5500 watt elements
- Two Brewers Hardware element housings

It's been a while but the HERMS coil I believe is 50 x 3/8". It weighs quite a bit. It's finished off with sanitary fittings as well. They can be screwed off and used with hose fitting for a chiller as well. serves a dual purpose.

Pump is a little Giant.

I'd like to keep the control panel, however if someone is really interested, I'd think about selling it as well. Would be a great upgrade for someone that already has a control panel. Looking to get $3200. Not looking to part out yet. However if there are people that want things and everything is spoken for I'd entertain it.

I'm 5'7

Pictures can be found in my build thread below in my sig.

LMAO... Brewing with this system still gives me a hard on. It's been a month long of going back and forth. When I told my wife my decision. I was pretty sure she started labor.. It was a super difficult decision but it's time. I figure when I get more time and a bit more space, I can always build another.

While I haven't seen this rig in person I have followed Coal Cracker's builds and he is as obsessive and crazy as I am about the quality of work and perfection in his systems. Anyone who purchases this system would be lucky to own and brew on it!

That is beautiful! Wish I had the cash:( I'm sure a payment plan isn't in the cards. Love the footprint. Do you have specs for the build?

Other than the two brewers hardware kettle. I did everything else. Bought a welder and went to work. It was a ton of fun and was a long labor of love.

Did you make the panel as well? My buddy and I were looking into getting the parts together and start the build on a panel. What are you using for fermentation? Where do you hang your hat? I'm in Erie Pa. If you were close enough I might want to schedule a road trip.

My brother in law and myself built the panel. I had to have some help with the 220v. For fermentation I use large plastic barrels. Food grade with a screw on lid. I'm in Allentown, so the other side of the state haha. Would be a good road trip.

You're in allentown? I'm from bangor! That rig is beautiful. I've been looking to go electric and get a panel myself.

This appears to be a great opportunity! Haha

I have a friend that lives in palmer, so not too far off. I work in Bethlehem.

Nice, yeah I work at a winery in Bangor. I have a few friends in the local breweries. Have you hit social still yet?

Yea I'm hoping someone with a nice return stops by haha.

I'd buy their stuff again in a heart beat great quality and dimensions. If I decide to build a smaller system. They will be my first choice.

It is still for sale. I'm located in Allentown, pa. Price is 3200 without the control panel or 4000 with the control panel.

So I've had some interest but nothing serious. I have a buyer for the control panel. Would people be interested in other items? If so, I can try and part out.

Maybe think of listing this on probrewer.com. Might have some luck selling this as a complete pilot system to a somewhat local nano/micro

Well after talking to my brewer friends I've decided to keep the system and just downgrade the kettles to something smaller. I may have a buyer for two of the kettles. If not, I'll be creating another thread for just the kettles.

Mods you can close this.

Thanks for sharing the pics and description with us anyway. It was thought provoking. I think your price was very fair, but complete systems are hard to sell, bigger ones more-so. Brew on!

I currently have a close friend deciding if he wants them. If not I'll let you know. I'm getting rid of the bk and mlt. Going to transition the hlt to the boil kettle.

Bro, I am so stoked you did not sell, this is awesome... Don't throw the baby out with the bath water... Good luck and keep on brewing... Brew big, bottle it, and give it away... don't sell... :cross: cheers

Back