• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

West Virginia 1bbl Conical

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
This item is in new, never used condition. I have almost $2k in this conical fermenter. I am asking $1,400 if picking up locally, or for a nominal fee I can deliver or meet halfway. The tank can be shipped freight, at the buyer's expense, but I'd rather not if I can help it. Due to size, it would need to be crated and palletized for freight shipping. I doubt it would ship via FedEx ground.

The tank was purchased from Stout in 2013 when I had delusions of nano-brewery grandeur. Time has not allowed me to pursue that dream, and it is time to move on. The 3-vessel eHERMS tanks are sold. Now all that remains is this lonely conical fermenter.

Specs:
40 gallon conical fermenter with wheels
T/C style thermowell
(2) 1.5in. butterfly valves
(1) 3in. T/C Port in lid
(1) 1.5in. T/C Port in Lid
(1) 1/2in. Elbow Hose Barb Adapter
(2) 1/4" NPT ports for your gauge & co2 inlet valve
Tank has (2) 1.5" TC ports in side for your carb stone and sample valve

The lid of this FV was custom-built by stout for this FV. The design allows for the FV to be pressurized, allowing for carbonation in the FV.

Image_7.jpg

Image_8.jpg

Image_6.jpg

Image_10.jpg

Awesome fermenter wish I had that kinda cash but im in the market for something about half that price..

I sold my 1bbl plant and don't need a 1bbl FV. It's wasting room in my garage. I want it gone. $700 won't get it sold, but a little beer would grease the wheels to get someone a good deal on a very nice piece of equipment.

Biggest difference is the lid, which is more substantial, allowing for pressurization of the FV. I had some other ports added. I intended to play around with spunding valves and wanted the ability to use immersion-type temperature controllers with a BCS controller.

I do not know the pressure rating of the FV, to be honest. When I purchased the FV and requested the custom modifications they knew that I intended to do in-vessel carbonation, so I'd think it could hold at least 20 psi, but there's no way I could guarantee that. The limitation would probably be in the tank rather than the lid. The lid looks like it could withstand a direct atomic detonation.

Latest posts

Back