1990's Sam Adams triple Bock

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fatsachs

Reaction score
Has anybody else experienced people bringing these around like some kind of crown jewel or something? Thay taste like trolls bum juice and are probably not even healthy to consume at this point. I've seen these things rear their ugly heads a few times this year atr various places with the owner always acting as if they have some prize possesion or something. It is a nasty, rotten old 15 year old beer that has turned into soy sauce and isn't fit for consumption. What is the malfunction of these individuals? this pig swill is selling for like $60 a 4 pack or something like that! LMAO!

I've seen it a few times. Fell prey to the trap once a few years ago (bought a single). It was awful. Supposedly one batch turned out well. I find that hard to believe.

I bought a bottle for something like 8 bucks in my first trip to the liquor store after I turned 21. After that fact, I learned that it tastes like rancid soy sauce. It sat in my fridge and moved with me a handful of times until my roommate and I decided to give it a shot a few months back. Needless to say, I was quite upset that I hung onto it for 5 years...

It's the only beer that was never even able to swallow and my third drain pour (the others being Leinenkugel's Summer Shandy and an uncarbonated/oxidized bottle of Fat Squirrel).

I had one I'm going to guess in 2005 and it was filthy disgusting. Chocolate soy sauce and tons of hot alcohol

I guess I've just been lucky, but I've had 3 bottles, and really enjoyed it. Its a sipping beer to be sure. I think the last one I cracked this winter took me just shy of 2 hours.

If anybody has some they're looking to unload, I'd be happy to take 'em off your hands!

Is this the stuff in the blue bottle? If so it came out right when I was discovering craft beer and lived a block from one of the only places to get anything other than BMC. I remember thinking about buying a bottle for weeks and then finally giving in. I wasn't sure what the hell I was drinking at the time. It wasn't fizzy and it didn't taste like I expected a bock to taste since I'd had Celebrator before. I've come across it since but not for about ten years. Funny this stuff is still out there for sale. I can't imagine what it would taste like now, both due to my changed tastes and its age.

Is this the stuff in the blue bottle? If so it came out right when I was discovering craft beer and lived a block from one of the only places to get anything other than BMC. I remember thinking about buying a bottle for weeks and then finally giving in. I wasn't sure what the hell I was drinking at the time. It wasn't fizzy and it didn't taste like I expected a bock to taste since I'd had Celebrator before. I've come across it since but not for about ten years. Funny this stuff is still out there for sale. I can't imagine what it would taste like now, both due to my changed tastes and its age.

Yeah, this is the stuff in the blue bottle for sure. I'll never forget it. Believe me, you dont want to imagine how it tastes now! Honestly, it's a 12-16$ bottle of Kikkoman. Or bicycle chain lubricant. I think people are using it as some kind of right of passage to manhood or something. I don't know.

Ah, the blue bottle of soy sauce. I tried a bottle years ago when I first started getting into good beer. I didn't like it. My friend tried it and said "this **** tastes like soy sauce".

All these years I thought we had just gotten a bad bottle. Turns out they were all bad.

Bought a few of these back in 1995 for a Tyson fight we were going to watch (yep all 30 seconds of it). Anyway, they were $5 per bottle and and it took us 4 hours to get through have a bottle. Soy Sauce in a blue bottle is correct. The bottle is black when full of the "beer" and corked with a black cap, that is wrapped like champagne. It does have some fancy gold lettering and actually says "Sam Adam's" rather than the more proper moniker. I think still have a bottle in the back of my beer fridge that I will donate to science one day.

Back