19% off Kegging system order at Midwest Homebrew

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

phatspade

Reaction score
I was just messing around with online coupon sites and just combined a couple 10% off coupons. Think it turned out as a steal for a complete kegging sys that consists of a reconditioned 5 gal keg, New CO2 tank, dual gauge set and the rest of the works. Sadly it was two 10% off orders over $100, but after the first discount the second 10% off really only gave me 9%. Still like this though as I haven't found a kegging kit cheaper online that comes with a new 5lb. tank.

:cross:

wow.jpg

I bought my keg starter kit there. I got a single and a double set up to run three kegs. I was young, realize now I just should have gotten a manifold.

I was not impressed with the quality of the regulators. They don't hold up well, the control knob used to adjust the pressure is uber cheap, the threading on it actually bent on me on one. They corrode very quickly, and doesn't keep steady pressure. And the gage that monitors total tank volume ( sorry for non technical terms here), stopped working on both regulators, there is a paper like background that shows the values, that paper/plastic actually curled up and the needle is stuck. Luckily my refill guy only charges me for what I put back in as the 5#ers are light to begin with and I have no idea when its near empty.

Nothing against MW, they are a great company, but you get what you pay for. Cheap isn't always better!

I found used c-kegs for 45.95 at http://www.heartshomebrew.com/

Then you would just have to find a cheap regulator/tap/co2 bottle kit.

I also have been thinking about upgrading to the c-keg... and realized that I will need to keep the keg somewhere to cool it a 35+ degrees or so. So one would also need a fridge for this. Then I found a kegerator with everything, even the CO2 tank for $375. I think that that might be the best approach all things considered.

I held off from buying the kit. It's good to hear realistic feedback and now I feel like I made a good choice to sleep on it for the night.

Right now I'm waiting for my luck on craigslist for a freezer chest so I'll just save the money for when I get lucky with the freezer.

Back