1800 watt induction burner

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jhenjum

Reaction score
I'm considering getting two induction burners for winter brewing. I'd use these for mash and sparge but will be still boiling outside with propane.

Does anyone use one of these burners?
Pros/Cons?

Rosewill

Advantco

Duxtop

Max Burton

Last edited by a moderator:
I purchased the 8300ST Duxtop model a few months ago and I have good luck with it. I bought it on Amazon for 89.99. I used it to brew several 2.5 gallon batches. I found that my stovetop can heat up the water and wort faster than the induction burner, but I like the convience of just being able to plug the burner into any 120V outlet including in the basement during winter brew days.

I just did my first brew on an 1800 Watt Max Burton 2.5 gallon and it went fairly smooth held temp pretty good during mash with lid on and I kept the heat on low. Takes some time to get to Boil but overall not a big deal. Also remember you will need an induction ready pot. I got a 20QT at target for 49.99

One more thing to note is the boil is not going to be the massive boil you get from the propane burner but it does get a rolling boil I think next time I am going to add insulation outside the kettle.

I bought the Rosewill model. Using an 8 gallon TallBoy kettles with one layer of reflectix I brought 3 gallons of 68• tap water to 164• in 35 minutes.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Back