17. Mai. Hurra For Øl!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

celestialparsnip

Reaction score
So it's Norway's national day, and I thought I'd throw together a few bottles for the family barbecue... basically just throwing new labels on my already bottled beer.

It was the first time the inlaws had tried my beer, and the reaction was (apparently) favourable. Mother-in-law made an 'award-winning' comment :p Her tastes are somewhat suspect, however.

Father-in-law just grunted out, 'Det var godt øl.' That's about the highest praise I could expect out of him. 'It's good beer.'

Anyhoo... here's the label:

labelly.jpg

That label looks great - nice work! You should do another one to commemorate victory in the Eurovision Song Contest :D

Skål!

I'm pleased that Norway won, although I don't much care for the song myself (or pretty much anything to do with Eurovision). I did watch it, though. But I went to bed before the votes were counted... too tired and a little drunk.

Thanks for the comments :D

Happy belated National Day.

So "øl" = "beer" in Norwegian? How exactly would one pronounce øl? I love that it is only two letters, like one step closer to just having a single symbol represent beer in the alphabet.

Love the label by the way.

Back