• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

160 qt Aluminum Brew Kettle with lid

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LeuwyBrew

Reaction score
Had a friend pick me up what had been listed on Craigslist as a 25 gallon SS brew kettle. Turns out that its actually 40 gallons/160 qt Aluminum. The previous owner had used it for maple syrup. Too big to fit on my brewstand. Aluminum with rivited handles. Thick walled, looks to be good quality, but not something I can utilize. I'll get some pictures tonight as it just got dropped off by my buddy. Paid $100 for it, and will sell it for $100 + shipping. Pickup is available. Located in Minneapolis MN area (55441 for shipping address). 25 lbs. and 28x24x21 for dimensions approximately.

IMG_1044.JPG

IMG_1045.JPG

IMG_1046.JPG

IMG_1047.JPG

Man! I wish I could swing this right now.. That would be a kick a** brew club pot!

just for kicks, what would shipping be to 67401? Low, slow, super cheap.

Just checked. It won't work for me. Shipping kills it since I don't need it. I just want the big son of a gun.

if you havent sold it by the time i head down to the cities again ill pick it up from you. May not be for weeks though, so its ok it goes before then. I dont need it, wife will be pissed, but id still like to have it.

Wow, whoever sold it saying it was 25 gallons wasn't even close! 15 gallons more than he thought I can't believe he didn't know it was bigger.

Dude, get paid by bucfanmike and hold it for him. Wish I was close. With shipping, I just cannot do it..

Sorry, out of communication with the 4th and camping. I will bring it to UPS store tomorrow and get the shocking results of shipping to all corners of the country, just for everyone to get an idea. I think that everyone who has commented is correct, shipping will be a little bit scary. bucfanmike I have no trouble holding it for you or as an alternative, I'll be heading 'up north' next weekend (Grand Rapids MN area) for a triathlon. Swinging through Duluth on Friday could be a possibility. Feel free to blame the whole idea on me if your wife says anything :mug:

Shipping costs would be around $50 to anywhere on the coast and decrease to about $20 if you were in the Minnesota area.

LeuwyBrew said:
25 lbs. and 28x24x21 for dimensions approximately.

Do you already have a box this will fit in with EXACT dimensions?

I want to see if my corporate UPS account will cut down significantly on shipping then I could just email you the label and you could just drop it off to UPS.

Let me see what I can do for a box. I was kinda thinking it would be a 'franken-box' to accommodate the size. I will see what I can do for getting exact dimensions. Also, the 25 lbs was the pot only, the lid and packaging will add a few pounds.

The weight shouldn't be an issue because UPS charges by "dimensional weight" on oversized packages. I will check today and guesstimate the box size to see what shipping would be like.
Thanks

Back