$16.25 at my LHBS...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeffro

Reaction score
To brew Ed Worts Pale ale...

8 lbs of Gambrinous 2 row, 2 lbs of Vienna, and .5 lbs of Crystal 10L at a $1.00 a pound= $10.50, 2 Oz Cascade @ $2.25 an Oz = $4.50 and a packet of Nottingham for $1.25....

DSCN2276.jpg

My first attempt at all grain is going to happen this Sat... And if all goes well, I will repeat the next Sat....

Man, I'm jealous...the only LHBS close to me isn't very good as far as storage and not very customer friendly. I'm getting all my stuff off the web and, even doing AG, I'm averaging $25-30 a batch.:(

The only way I get $1 a pound is by buying a 55# bag. Specialty grains range from $1.50 to $2.25.
Luckily I can get quantities of hops and specialty grains online for reasonable prices. My LHBS is still cheaper for bulk grains and some other items which I buy there. I would have to do some math to figure our my per batch costs but its probably near $20.

Craig

I've already got the hops, but I bought Maris Otter for my base grain and my total for a slightly modified batch of Ed's Haus Pale was also $16.75 at my LHBS.

Once you get all the basic gear together it's amazing how cheap a batch of AG homebrew can be.

As for my modified Haus Pale, I've got a bunch of hops in my freezer. I think I've got 3 oz. each of glacier, target and hersbrucker, and also an ounce of ahtanum. Can't decide which to use this time.

Back