15th Anniversary Brew Day

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bobby_M

Vendor and Brewer
HBT Sponsor
Reaction score
15 years ago I brewed my 4th batch of all grain homebrew (Brit Golden/ Light Bitter) and that was the first batch where I sat out on the deck with a pint and realized it was a great beer. I'm not suggesting that by my current standards it was amazing, but at the time it was indistinguishable from commercial quality craft beer and that keg kicked in a couple weeks.

I documented that brew day in a video on Youtube. It's amazing how far camera technology has come in 15 years. The video was shot in 240p.

I'll be brewing the same recipe tomorrow, following everything to the best of my ability with only a couple modifications. I don't plan to duplicate my old tap water profile since I only brew with RO now. I'm also splitting the batch between the dry yeast I used then and the WLP002 that I would tend to choose for this style today.

I was really trying to work out the brew day on the exact same day 15 years later but I had a family vacation that conflicted. Better 2 weeks later than never. Maybe it's serendipity afterall since tomorrow will be the 16 year anniversary of joining Homebrewtalk!

Good stuff man. Never used Fuggle, heard mixed reviews. I think I even bought 2 ounces years ago and never used them lol.

Fuggle sounds like a foot fungus.

Well, that bit will stick in my mind.

And - happy anniversary. We all find a path in life: to make our money and hopefully make our mark in our own way. You should know that you've played a big part in a lot of brewer's lives through your contributions on this forum, and of course your store. I certainly always enjoy your candor and direct approach to technical aspects of brewing.

Anyway, hopefully we'll see a similar post in another 15 years.

Last edited:
Really awesome, and congrats on 15 years. I'm pretty sure I actually watched this video when I was learning to homebrew about 10 years ago.

Congrats Bobby. It was your YouTube videos that helped me tremendously way back then. Two six packs and a big bag of ice!

Congrats Bobby! You absolutely have contributed to this forum over the years and I have enjoyed your videos on your site. I have learned a thing or two from you (more like many things) from all your comments to questions and posts, and have ordered many items from your store as well. Happy anniversary and as I raise a glass, here's to many more brewing years ahead!

Cheers,

John

Back