15lb C02 Tank, Can't exchange or fill

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mynameissean

Reaction score
I just got all the equipment to begin kegging. I've got the fridge, lines, dual manifold, all that good stuff. I sized out the freezer, and was able to fit a 15lb C02 tank in there, but I wasn't positive I could fit a 20lb C02 tank inside. Well, no problem, I can exchange or fill it anywhere. Well not so much. Most places I call have never heard of a 15lb C02 tank, and those that have heard of it never sell them, so they only have 10 or 20lbs. I've been looking in the Redmond WA area, and the only place that even fills C02 tanks is http://www.centralwelding.com/Lynnwood.htm Am I doomed to live a life of filling at this one station, or is there another solution that I'm not thinking of? I tried calling what little paintball stores I could find, surplus stores, beverage stores, all the welding stores in the area. Any ideas?

This is crazy. Im in richmond va and my spot doesnt really care what size you want to fill, they just do it and for a fair price. Its amazing companies talk themselves out of money.

I use the local Fire Extinguisher place. Welding shops want to swap tanks, FE shop will refill.

Back