15% Off +New Equipment Now Online from Spike Brewing

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Our website, www.spikebrewing.com, has been updated and our new kettles are now available!! The sight glass model should be available by the end of next week.

We also discounted our old stock by 15%. Old stock can be found here: www.spikebrewing.com/collections/bargain-cave. First come first serve on discontinued models.

If you're interested in having the brew rig of your dreams custom welded up contact, [email protected], for a drawing and quote.

I am having trouble seeing what is different about the new kettles. Am I missing something?

2 new kettles, 30G and 50G, that replaced the 25G and 45G models. And... A new "Extra Thick" SS material!

"Extra thick 1.5mm (16 gauge) wall/bottom thickness
-25% thicker than anything else on the market"

At least that's what I've noted...

-Added 30 and 50 gallon kettle size

-New dimensions for all kettles. 1.2:1 height to width ratio which reduces boil off rate, reduces chance for boilovers and while still allowing for a large surface area for efficient heating.

-Thicker kettles. Industry leading 1.2mm thickness for 10, 15 and 20 gallon kettles. And 1.5mm for 30 and 50 a gallon kettles.

-New sightglass design featuring laser etched volume markings.

-Now offering tri-clamp ferrule welding for custom kettle orders.

-Shipping boxes are now extra thick double wall and come with easy to carry handle holes.

All this was done without raising the price of our equipment :mug:

Just ordered the 10 G, with horizontal valve and thermometer from Spike Brewing. Really excited to get this, a little more than I wanted to spend up front but seems it with be worth it in the long run.

When will you have the 15 gallon kettle with sight glass in stock?

Any news on when the kettles with the sight glasses will be available? (Specifically the 15 gallon kettles). I have been waiting to get my hands on one finally!

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

I see you do custom orders. Would a 1.5" tri lamp for an element port be something you could do? Also, what about custom pickup tubes?

If so, what's the average turnaround time?

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Any news on when the kettles with the sight glasses will be available? (Specifically the 15 gallon kettles). I have been waiting to get my hands on one finally!

We just put them back up on the site. There is very high demand for them so they are shipping on a first come first serve basis until we get caught back up.

I see you do custom orders. Would a 1.5" tri lamp for an element port be something you could do? Also, what about custom pickup tubes?

If so, what's the average turnaround time?

We can certainly do the 1.5" TC fitting. We charge $50 for the fitting, welding, etc. We do not do anything with custom pickups. Lead time is usually 1-2 weeks but we usually can get them out within a week.

Ben, do you have any discounts planned in the near future for a 15 gallon pot with the sight glass? thanks:)

Back