• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

15 Gallon Spike TC kettle $300

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk:

OP
Ridenour64

Ridenour64

Reaction score
This is still available. After this past experience, I need to sell sooner than later 😂
CEDC733F-8ED8-4E6A-93C4-10FA27A7F59C.jpeg

Biggz1313

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
11 gallons in the fermenter. 5.8 ABV
I have the 15g solo system and have though about how I would larger batches of big beers. How many pounds of grain were in that batch?

Also, have you tried batch sparging or using top up water at all? Just curious if so, how it worked out for you. I don't see myself doing many 10G batches of big beers, but for my house beer (4%ish) I think I'd be good for 10g.

Also, happy to talk this to a DM instead of blowing up your for sale post.

OP
Ridenour64

Ridenour64

Reaction score
This is 24 lbs of grain and it just barely didn’t work smoothly. It still worked though. The problem was that the bag was acting as like a wic and siphoning the beer out. Took a while to get it to stop. I still have the batch in the fermenter though. I’ve done several beers slightly over 5% that worked perfect. I haven’t done any sparging yet but if this doesn’t sell, I will soon. For someone who brews mostly 5 gallon batches, and an occasional 10 gallon around 5% or less, a 15 gallon kettle is perfect. Or stronger 10 gallons if you want to sparge.

Biggz1313

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
This is 24 lbs of grain and it just barely didn’t work smoothly. It still worked though. The problem was that the bag was acting as like a wic and siphoning the beer out. Took a while to get it to stop. I still have the batch in the fermenter though. I’ve done several beers slightly over 5% that worked perfect. I haven’t done any sparging yet but if this doesn’t sell, I will soon. For someone who brews mostly 5 gallon batches, and an occasional 10 gallon around 5% or less, a 15 gallon kettle is perfect. Or stronger 10 gallons if you want to sparge.
Perfect, that's great to hear. Thank you for taking the time to answer my questions. Very much appreciated.