• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

15 Gal Glycol jacketed Fermenter

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maddjaxx

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I need to upgrade my smaller fermenter to a 1bbl so here it is up for sale. It is less than 2 years old and comes from Brewers hardware. It is a great fermenter with many options you can't find with the others out there. Here is the specs and you can view it on the website. I will include the 3" TC SS blow off cane I added from SS Brewtech ($55).
Price is $1200. I am in Mid Mich but travel alot so potential to meet 1/2 way is possible.

• Massive 2" bottom dump valve. While a 1.5" dump should be considered the minimum size to be effective, it's often clogged by more flocculent yeast or trub sediment high in hop or protein material.
  • Our lid design is a simple and easy to use Tri Clover compatible cap. No large and awkward lid with a proprietary gasket to deal with, Tri Clover Compatible gaskets are readily available and affordable enough to keep extras on hand. Our 15 gallon model has an 8" lid for easy cleaning. The lid features a 3" Tri Clover Compatible access port that mounts the included 1" blow-off fitting and can mount our 3" Tri Clover Compatible CIP Spray Ball. The lid also includes two 1.5" ports for addition accessories.
  • Triple Sealed rotating racking arm. All of the higher end conical fermentors on the market have a rotating racking arm, but most are dependent on just the TC gasket to seal it. When you loosen the clamp to rotate the arm, you're faced with a tricky balance of loosening it enough to rotate without it leaking. We've solved that issue by adding 2 additional o-rings ahead of the Tri Clover compatible clamp attachment, eliminating the leaking issue and isolating that joint from your wort. The o-rings are captured on the arm itself so they are easily removed for cleaning and sanitizing. The ferrule on the body of the fermentor is a standard 1.5" ferrule with no special machining.
  • Separate 1.5" Tri Clover Compatible temperature monitoring port includes a thermowell and dial thermometer or replace it with one of our TC flange-mounted temperature sensors for BCS-460 / BCS-462 or BrewTroller control.
  • Includes a sample valve on a dedicated sample valve port.

Standard Items Included with our Stainless Steel Conical Fermentors
  • 2" Tri Clover Compatible Butterfly valve for the bottom dump, including a 2" sanitary 90 degree elbow and 2" Tri Clover Compatible X 2" hose barb adapter
  • 1" Tri Clover Compatible Butterfly valve for the rotating racking arm, including a 1/2" hose barb adapter
  • 1.5" Tri Clover Compatible X 6" sanitary thermowell with 1/2" FPT inlet for the thermometer.
  • 3" Face Dial Thermometer.
  • 3" Tri Clover Compatible X 1" 90 degree hose barb blow-off fitting for the lid.
  • All of the required clamps and gaskets to be able to use your fermentor when you get it.
Dimensions
  • Overall height including 90* blow-off barb adapter: 41 1/2"
  • Cylinder Diameter: 18.5" at outer jacket
  • Cylinder Height of Straight Wall: 10 1/4"
  • Cone Height: 14"
  • Distance from Bottom Ferrule to Floor: 9.44"
  • 2.15 square feet cooling contact area.
  • 1/4" FNPT coolant inlet and outlet.
Additional Features
  • 1.5" diameter legs with 1.5" Tri Clover compatible flanges for feet.
  • Heavy Duty .118" (3mm) thick inner wall on jacketed versions.
  • Jacket Design is such that the coolant is in contact with the inner wall.
  • Outer wall is 1.5mm thick.
Website:https://www.brewershardware.com/15-...Jacketed-Conical-Fermentor-CONICAL15G-FJ.html
con15g-fj.jpg
con15g-fj-dimplejacket.jpg
con15g-fj-inside.jpg
Conical lid2_1.jpg
CONICAL-RA.jpg
con15g-fj.jpg
con15g-fj.jpg
con15g-fj.jpg
con15g-fj-dimplejacket.jpg
con15g-fj-inside.jpg
Conical lid2_1.jpg
CONICAL-RA.jpg

Back in the brewing biz since being off for over 1.5 yrs. Moved to new house and finally able to set brewery back up. I am putting this listing back up now that I can start up again and have the time to deal with selling it. Hasn't been used in 2 years and is now back up in the new brewery. Just finished doing a passivating / cleaning / sanitize and full run of equipment. Below is pic today as it sits in brewery. Cheers!

Attachments

• Brew 1.jpg
    Brew 1.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 241
  • Brew 2.jpg
    Brew 2.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 231
In response to questions asked - This is the Unitank sold by Brewers Hardware. They recommend a 15PSI pcv if you plan to use it that way. The lid has 2 - 1.5" and 1 -3" TC fittings so plenty to utilize one for a pressure gauge and 1 for the PCV. Tank has 1 - 1.5" for the sample port/ carb stone along with one for the temp gauge, 1 for the racking arm and the 2" for the bottom dump. Hope this helps.

Sorry been using this extensively since the brewery is back up and running. I have ordered a new 30 Gallon from Brewers so it is back up for sale. Hit me up if you are interested.

I am interested in this if still available. Located in northeast Ohio. Let me know!

Back