• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

15.5 Gallon Ball lock Cornie's 110 shipped

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Really really really sad part.....

To date I have only done extract and still collecting for my all grain set up.

Two more kegs became available if anybody is interested. I will not be paying shipping on this pair I am afraid so if you want one simply email me at [email protected] for a shipping quote or arrange for local pick-up.

The others cost about 40 a pop anywhere in Canada and 50-75 for the USA destinations.

Found one more from storage if anybody is interested.

Can not for the life of me remember how to change the title prefix. Even though it says sold there is still one.

I received the 2 that I paid an extra $62 shipping for. The first one has a crushed lid. I can live with that. I haven't pressure tested it yet. The second one is completely unusable. It is caked with what looks like polyurethane inside. I soaked it on Oxyclean for a few days and some of it is flaking off. I would say that less than 2% has come off. I am EXTREMELY disappointed with this. Anyone else have this experience with this seller? I tried contacting him, but received no reply.

Sacdan, you need to check your PM's and the date stamps. You will find this the same day you PM'ed me:

The crushed lid is unfortunate, I assure you I did not ship it that way. The caked one I would bet is simply minerals built up. I just read a thread today where they recommended vinegar:

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f11/brown-crusty-scuzz-inside-keg-i-just-cut-open-204393/

Would you mind giving that a shot? Let me know what you propose as a solution for this. I don't mind paying for the lid if you can get them at your LHBS or simply shipping you off one. If you do not want the other Keg I am thinking I would pay the shipping back and refund.

I did send these out in good faith and will work with you to sort it out. Your the only complaint, but that is still one to many.

Patrick.
519 *** ****

(only your PM does not have my phone number blanked out.)

That is strange because I sent it last week. I will try the vinegar. I didn't expect an immaculate keg, but I also didn't expect the stuff caked inside. It is clearly visible by opening it up. If it doesn't work, I will send it back.

I received the 2 that I paid an extra $62 shipping for. The first one has a crushed lid. I can live with that. I haven't pressure tested it yet. The second one is completely unusable. It is caked with what looks like polyurethane inside. I soaked it on Oxyclean for a few days and some of it is flaking off. I would say that less than 2% has come off. I am EXTREMELY disappointed with this. Anyone else have this experience with this seller? I tried contacting him, but received no reply.

there was some stuff on the inside of mine too, I gave it a few day bath in oxy and that took care of the smell, I scrubbed with a brush and I figure after a soak in star-san before using everything should be fine. What is gonna survive that?

Wow, that seems like a lot. I guess since it's a slim vessel you'll get a thicker layer of trub, but I doubt it will be anywhere near 6". The only way to know for sure is to brew a batch, use a racking cane through the lid, and measure the cake when you're done racking the beer off.

Wow, that seems like a lot. I guess since it's a slim vessel you'll get a thicker layer of trub, but I doubt it will be anywhere near 6". The only way to know for sure is to brew a batch, use a racking cane through the lid, and measure the cake when you're done racking the beer off.

yeah, I was just hoping to not crack the seal since I am fermenting under pressure. I am just going off when fermenting 5.5G in a carboy that has roughly the same diameter the trub is a good 2-3 inches so I am just doubling that since I will be putting in twice as much.

I've use a 15 gallon corny for 15 or so 10-11 gallon batches. I cut 1" off the tube and it works great. The first few ounces are cloudy and then nothing but clear beer until the last dregs. I do cold crash 5 days or so before transfer.

Obviously don't know how much trub your putting out vs. my beers.

Back