13.5" funnel with triclamp

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Owly055

Reaction score
I just discovered that moonshinedistiller.com sells a 13.5" stainless steel funnel with a triclamp fitting on the bottom for about $90. I'm thinking about building a mini conical fermenter using one of these welded to the top of a stainless steel stock pot, which will be inverted and an oval opening made in what was the bottom for a corny keg lid. 3 legs from stainless tubing, and a side port would make an elegant very small conical. I'm looking at a total capacity of about 3.5 or 4 gallons, so I will have to cut the funnel down and calculate the appropriate stock pot size. A friend of mine did tig on nuclear power plants years ago, and I'm hoping to recruit him to do the dirty deed.

Here's a link to the product: http://moonshinedistiller.com/large-stainless-steel-funnel-filter-tri-clamp?filter_name=funnel

This obviously would work for a considerably larger fermenter, but I like small batch sizes.

H.W.

Back