12' Vertical Beer Line?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tkash2

Reaction score
I recently built a bar in my gameroom which is directly over my garage. I have an old refrigerator/freezer that I am going to place in the garage and want to run my beer line 12' straight up to the bar. So here are my questions:

Should I cool the beer lines with air or glycol? (My plan is to run whichever in 4" PVC pipe.)
What is the best way to insulate a 3" tower to reduce condensation?

Thank you in advance for any help you can give me!

I recently built a bar in my gameroom which is directly over my garage. I have an old refrigerator/freezer that I am going to place in the garage and want to run my beer line 12' straight up to the bar. So here are my questions:

Should I cool the beer lines with air or glycol? (My plan is to run whichever in 4" PVC pipe.)

Thank you in advance for any help you can give me!

[...]

I would go with a liquid cooling solution - whether glycol or salt water.

For the tower, you can insulate the inside of the column with 1/4" thick (or thicker, if you have the room) neoprene. If your tower is a t-type you can insulate the interior of the faucet box with closed cell foam sheeting...

Cheers!

did you sort this out?

I have been running my set up with about 10-12feet rise for over 2 years. No glycol, no air, just insulated. I love my setup and have no issues with my balanced system with towers. Let me know if you want any details.

here are some pics of my basement keezer and the bar up stairs. Since these pics I have added another two tap tower upstairs.

Back