12.3 AA on Northern Brewer!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ralelen

Reaction score
Just got back from the LHBS to get some Northern Brewer for a brew Monday. AS i got home I noticed that the AA was 12.3 %. To me that seems a bit high for this variety. Has anyone else noticed high AA on this hop?

2011 hop union info shows an AA of 6.5-7%. Might be a typo or just a lazy LHBS worker

It was on the label from Crosby and Baker. Their website says between 7 and 9 percent. May be a typo.

Just got back from the LHBS to get some Northern Brewer for a brew Monday. AS i got home I noticed that the AA was 12.3 %. To me that seems a bit high for this variety. Has anyone else noticed high AA on this hop?

yes, i got the same thing.....crosby and baker.....it's "UK Norther Brewer", right? The NB i get from LD Carlson is not labeled "UK" and has a lower AA content, i figured the "UK" was the reason.

Additionally, i said, to hell with it, and used the whole ounce anyway, more hops, less hops, whatever

Back