• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

California 10Gallon - All Grain System

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ParadiseBeer

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
GroteFoto-T3IWNGYR.jpg

I am not getting out of brewing just making a change... so I am selling my 10 gallon propane system. I have brewed beer from 4.5% to 11.5% using both pellet and whole cone hops. This system allows for both 5, 10 and 15 gallon batches. Everything is custom built and is easy to clean and maintain.

Local pick only.. Paradise, Ca ( hour north of Sacramento)

Email me at : dwandtke @ gmail.com

Complete System Sale - Not Parting Out

Price Reduced!! $1,250 or OBO

More photos can be found here ... http://www.myalbum.com/Album=CBHDCI6E

Hot Liquor Tank
15 gallon keg converted, sight glass with vinyl markers at each gallon. Sight glass from brewhardware (thick plexiglass). Two Bi-metal thermometers, one at bottom of sight glass, one halfway up keggle. Stainless Steel full port ball valve and copper center pickup tube. All welded fittings ½” fittings. A metal lid is included, this helps to keep heat in and bugs out.
Mash Tun
15 gallon keg converted. Center copper dip tube with Stainless Steel false bottom. Full port Stainless Steel ball valve and male quick disconnect. Input at top of kettle has male quick disconnect, one way check valve and two stainless steel 90*. The top connection is weldless for easy removal and cleaning. Dip tube at bottom has union fitting for easy removal. 18” of high temp tubing connects to top 90* for recirculation. I use a small piece of pipe insulation to float tubing on top of mash. The false bottom is held down on with a hose clamp on dip tube.
Boil Kettle
15 gallon keg converted. Sight glass with gallon markers like HLT, sight glass is also from homebrewhardware (thick). A 2 ½” bi-metal thermometer installed on a SS tee at bottom of sight glass. recirculation port at 6 gallon mark. Two different pickup styles both SS and copper. One (in photo) pulls from side of kettle, other pulls from the center bottom. I built a huge hop blocker from a SS professional dishwasher filter. I have added mesh SS discs to the top and bottom of the strainer to allow for cleaning. All three ports are welded with ½” nipples and both full port ball valves are SS. I have used the both whole hops and pellets with each pickup style. The flying saucer systyle can handle an amazing amount of hops!
Brew Stand
This is a custom two tier stand that I have built. It is very strong and could handle much larger pots.
Main Stand - The main stand is 28” X 55” with a height of 37”. The main stand has a wood shelf that is 10.75” off the ground. I have added four very nice casters, two which are swivel and two that do not swivel, the two casters that swivel have on/off locks. On the right side of the main stand there is a BG-14 propane burner. This burner is rated at 200K BTU’s and can be controlled by a gas valve on the front of the stand. This burner is on it’s own shelf that can be easily adjusted by all thread (see photos). There is wind shielding around this burner. The Left side has a smaller burner for a RIMS setup. The left burner also can be controlled from the front of the stand. I used a metal computer rack shelf of the left side to help with positioning the kettle. On the left front of the stand there is a small square open Stainless Steel bowl. This is used for a grant set up and has a quick disconnect at the bottom. The stand is setup with a ½” metal pipe that runs propane from the bottom font left hose to both burners along with a connection for the boil stand. There is a 6 foot hose that connects from the propane tank to the main stand. At the propane take side, there is a 0-60Psi adjustable regulator.
Boil Stand - This stand is square measuring 28” X 22” with a height of 13”. In the center of the stand is the same burner used in the main stand a BG-14 (200K BTU). I have added wind shielding around this burner and there is a 6 foot propane hose to main stand. The ball valve control for this stand is at the bottom of the main stand. You can gravity feed from the main stand left kettle (mash) to the kettle on this stand (Boil). The burner can be adjusted for the height but I have never needed to change it.
Pump
This is a Chugger pump mounted in a homedepot tool box. I have added a 20+foot extension cord. The tool box is wired with a GFCI plug and outdoor switch. The head to the pump is high temp along with a stainless steel full port ball valve on outlet side. Both inlet and outlet have quick disconnects. It is really nice having a on/off switch right next to the pump and the waterproof box is a life saver on brewdays. I have also used the GFCI plug to run other items near the brew stand.
Immersion Chiller
This is built from a 50 foot ½” copper coil. I have added a tee and thermometer to the output side. I made the connection points to the garden hose well away from the kettle so no chance of getting hose water into your sweet wort while cooling. With this chiller and recirculating with pump, the setup can chill 12 gallons of from boiling to pitching temp in 20mins.
Other Items
--Carbon water filter with ball valve on input and 6 foot of hose- three brews on new filter
--High Temp Hoses - three high temp ½” hose with female garden hose quick disconnect, two short hoses for filling grant and fermenters.
--Extra silicone o-rings for quick disconnects.
--Small step stool for filling mash keggle.
--One five gallon propane tank for running brew system.(might be full)
--Plastic bucket for holding immersion chiller.

Back