10g Ss Brewtech Brite Tank Carb Stone

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Crockett

Reaction score
I have been using this Brite Tank to carb, settle, and pour/bottle my 6-7 gallon batches. What I have found is that it works great in carbonating as long as the stone is under the liquid surface. It seems the stone sits at about the 4 gallon mark however, and if we pour a dozen pints or so, drop the carb level a little, it takes forever to recarbonate if the carb stone moves above the surface. I am asking for any suggestions, or if anyone had seen a carb stone mounted at an angle down so it would stay in the beer. Thanks!

Just don't let the beer lose carbonation in the first place. When serving directly from the vessel you should always have your CO2 regulator attached and set at the correct pressure. If you let the headspace pressure drop every time you serve a few pints not only will you lose carbonation but you'll also get more foaming at the tap as the carbonation becomes less stable.

Back