101 Year old beer lover to run a marathon

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FSR402

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
[ame="http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/living/2008/03/11/chang.uk.101.marathon.runner.cnn"]Linky[/ame]
And my trainers keep telling me that I need to stop drinking beer until after the race. :mad:

wow... i guess some people don't age as much as others... i was blow away... i thought the old man in the very beginning was it...

and 17 kids... jeezum, they def don't make them like they used to.

Holy crap - that is the most active 80+ person I've ever seen much less 100+. The way he shadow boxed I think he could actually inflict some pain with his hook.

Dude I'm in the mid of marathon training, I did an 18 miler two weeks ago and had to skip my 20 miler this past weekend due to being sick and a pulled calf that I hurt in a 5K race the weekend before. I'm 34 and I could not even imagine walking at that age much less running at any speed.

there's no freaking way you'd catch me washing vans all day and running a marathon. this guy is a beast. i'll never be half that cool. i may take two "breaks" a day though!

JimiGibbs said:
I'm planning a fall marathon (Chicago) so I guess I need to up the beer intake now..... Cheers Buster :mug:

Good luck.. Hopefully the weather will be better this year. Last year they had some major problems.

Back