100 QT Stainless Pots-Good deal

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
50 bones to ship it? Ridonkulous. If it weren't for that, then it might be a good deal, even though it's ultra thin and probably doesn't hold heat very well. I suppose that if you fired it up with 60k BTUs the thinness probably wouldn't matter...

First i'm thinking 1mm thick which is .03937", 19 gauge is .0437" too thick, 20 gauge is .0373" too thin by .0024" but rather close. I find this rather thin material. Now onto the volume and it must be OD specs at 20" x 20". At 20" diameter that is 314.16 sq/inch surface area rather large allowing for a faster evapoeration boil off rate during your boil. Next at 20" tall this is 6,283.2 cu/in total area to the brim of the 20" mentioned. With a gallon taking up 231 cu/in of area with 6,283.2 cu/in of pot volume this comes to 27.2 gallons. Filled to 25 gallons your 1.617" from the brim or just under 1 5/8" rather close to the brim before you add a 4% liquid expansion so stirring must be gentle without any waves or else you'll splash over the edge. In the stove your dead meat by the War Department I know first hand. Last thing your at $159 investment well less by $0.05. A rather large volume pot yes but that is the only good feature I see in it, sorry that is my direct feelings about this pot. You got me beat in volume as my Keggles will only hold 22 gallons under operation allowing a 2" space below the 10" cut top. Kegs free as well the labor and welding them myself besides a thicker material.
Bottom line I would look for best being free kegs and build your own system.
Then brew on.

Back