10 - Weihenstephaner Hefeweissbier clone

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bornandraisedlv

Reaction score
Brewing this on Friday and wanted to get input on the build. What would you change an why?

IMG_0425.jpg

I'd increase the wheat to be 65% of the grain bill.and pils 35%. IMO, it's very easy to make a Weihenstephan clone.

Rev.

Looks good, I'd also increase the Wheat, maybe drop the last hop addition, you won't notice it anyway.

How are you going to mash?

Looks good, I'd also increase the Wheat, maybe drop the last hop addition, you won't notice it anyway.

How are you going to mash?

My herms set up isn’t ready so will mash at 153° for an hour with just over 4 gal of water. Recirc until clear then will pull the first runnings into kettle and fly sparge at 170° until I get about 7.25 gal of wort.

I use 7 lb Wheat, 4lb pilsner and a half lb rice hulls. 1 oz Hallertau hops @ 60. I use the WLP 300 Hefeweizen yeast. Fantastic recipe. A friend that lives in Germany for a few years said it was the best Hefeweizen she has has since she moved back.

Back