10 gals. on the floor.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brewmonk

Reaction score
UHH, Check your VALVES.

new rig in the basement, first batch - it took a while but was sticky as hell and going to be GREAT! (of course). [somewhere between Fullers and Arrogant Bstd).

fermenter wasn;t totally clean, so new plan - ferment in my kegTun.

while transferring - from boiler stand to tun on the floor, I walked off for a bit. just after I rolled one of my storage racks an inch or two, and guess what it turned, ever so SLIGHTLY?? the dump valve.... RRRRRRR!

know what? it DUMPED.

i'm still angry, so Rule #1:

get my proceedures straight, and belive my scheck sheet about ALWAYS checking valves.
- - - -

i need a new bag of 2-row. my grain silo is as OUT as RuPaul.

That is horrible!!! I can't imagine 10 gallons of wort to clean up. Hot break on the garage floor is annoying enough.

yeah, i'm hitting it for a second night in a row. mold and bugs are a big nono here.

it'll be ok, i spent an angry hour with the shopvac the first night (think I should dump it or see if it ferments out :p ) and with diluted bleach.

tonight is the reverse. clean it, then flood it and vac dry.

- - -
edit. p.s. it might only be 7 gallons, i have a gallon left, and my floor isn't graduated for volumes (well, before this dark STAIN, it wasn't). :)

Back