10 Gallon Pot with SS welded 1/2 inch inserts

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

old_tx_kbb

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I've seen 8 and 15 gallon brew pots at More Beer that have 1/2 NPT's welded into them. Does anyone know where I can get a 10 gallon pot with welded in fittings. I don't want the hassle of O ring leakage or O ring maintenance....and an 8 gallon pot is pushing the size envelope for me....from a boil-over perspective. A 10 gallon pot would do me well for 5 gallon batches. I don't plan on brewing 10 gallon batches in the future.

Thanks

I've seen plenty of pots in the 10 gallon size that would do me well... I just don't see anywhere in their descriptions of the pots that the inserts for the valve or the temp guage are welded into place. I don't want to have to rely on bulkhead fittings with O rings. Maybe it would be best to contact the homebrew shops directly.

That Williams pot is weldless. Polarware carries a 10-gallon welded pot and many homebrew shops sell it.

And I agree about B3's 8 gallon pot being poorly-sized. I usually start with 7.75 gallons!

The more I read about the Polarware pots...I was guessing maybe they were...but the descriptions never mentioned it...I'll be looking at between 6.5 and 7 gallons to start out with, so the 10 gallon pot is perfect for me. The Bilchman looks great, but I think it uses O rings....so I'll prbably set my sights on a Polarware pot...it would be nice if they offer 3 welded fittings to accomodate a sight glass...I'll research that.

Thanks !

I can understand your preference for welded vs. weldless, but a good installation of a weldless fitting performs fine over time. I ran large aquarium systems for many years, and never had a bulkhead fitting fail.

In fairness, aquarium bulkheads are actual real bulkhead fittings and they are sealing against a flat surface.

Absolutely fair. Should I expect the weldless fitting on my kettle to eventually fail, and if so, would it take more than a new o-ring to put it back into operation? This is not rhetorical, I am still fairly new to this.

i just recieved a 10g polarware kettle for christmas. the welded 1/2"npt fittings are very clean and well done. it was christened today and served well.

I wouldn't expect the o-rings to fail, people around here have had good experiences. In general you'll see welded fittings favored over weldless because they're sturdier and easier to clean.

Latest posts

Back