10 gallon mash tun ??

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

palms

Reaction score
First of all I would like to know if anyone has used this cooler for a mash tun or a hlt. http://www.sportsauthority.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2030560

Secondly does that price seem right? Because I just got one on clearance for $17 at Lewis Drug in Sioux Falls SD. I couldn't believe it when I saw it, but I didn't think there would be this much difference in price.

Anyway I should be able to set this cooler up just like the Rubbermaid 10 gallon one correct? Thanks guys

You got a sweet deal on a ten gallon. I have never seen one for under 50 bucks. It should set up just like the rubbermaid cooler. I would check the size of the spigot to make sure you get the right one. also one thing I heard but never found out the truth on is that the Igloo's aren't meant for hot liquids. i have never been able to find a difinitive answer on this. It may be worth contacting the company and finding out.

Cheers.

Thats the same exact cooler I have in my garage but I am still trying to find out what a Mash/Lauter Tun is and what it is used for. :drunk:

trainfever said:
Thats the same exact cooler I have in my garage but I am still trying to find out what a Mash/Lauter Tun is and what it is used for. :drunk:

Check your last post, the answer is there (Along with over a 1000 treads on here)

Back