10 gal Igloo drink cooler for $16.99 at Home Depot

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jay075j

Reaction score
So I'm walking through Home Depot the other day, and I run into a big stack of those bright orange Igloo Drink Coolers that are great for a Mash/Lauter Tun for only $16.99! The guy in the orange apron said that they pulled them off the shelf and they were left over from last year, and they needed to get rid of them before they put the other one's out for $50 bucks.

Well, that's all I needed to hear! And walked away with two in hand. One for a new tun for me, and one for a brew buddy of mine!

Run to your local HD, and see if they have the same deal!

:rockin:

jay075j said:
So I'm walking through Home Depot the other day, and I run into a big stack of those bright orange Igloo Drink Coolers that are great for a Mash/Lauter Tun for only $16.99! The guy in the orange apron said that they pulled them off the shelf and they were left over from last year, and they needed to get rid of them before they put the other one's out for $50 bucks.

Well, that's all I needed to hear! And walked away with two in hand. One for a new tun for me, and one for a brew buddy of mine!

Run to your local HD, and see if they have the same deal!

:rockin:
Bastards! I just bought one on Saturday for $39.99!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad: :mad: :mad:

I think a lot of this depends on your area.
I've asked many times about these at my local HD but no one there knows what I'm talking about.

There was a thread a few weeks ago about this. It totally differs from HD to HD. Some appear to just be getting rid of old stock, while others have new. Change in vendor or something I believe.

CatchinZs said:
I think a lot of this depends on your area.
I've asked many times about these at my local HD but no one there knows what I'm talking about.

I ran into the same thing at this very HD. No one know what I was talking about and they all told me to check back when it gets warmer out (I live in CT....) But you may want to check the outdoor nursery section and look up at the top of the racks. That's where this guy said they pulled these from. And yeah, they were a little dirty and did look like there were sitting out all winter.

It could be worth a shot!

I'd been checking various HDs for a couple of weeks, since that last thread popped up, with no luck.

Then, in Santa Rosa last Friday, the HD had 'em on sale, but $26.99. I got one anyway, since it's still a good price off of the regular $40.

But yeah, it totally depends on location.

HD up here can't even GET TO their outside stuff, it's all covered in snow drifts.

i was just at WAL-Wart tonight and they had the same ones for the same price. i'm thinking about getting one of the 10-15 gallon square ones though, they we're only $29

Back