1 yeast packet of 11.5g and 2 batches

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ozpt

Reaction score
Hi,

I have a packet of dry yeast SafAle S-04 11.5g and I would like to use it for 2 batches.
One is a brewferm kriek kit that makes 12 litres and at the same time I would like to make 5 litres of cider.
My concern is, how much grams should I use in each of the batches???

Regards,
Oz

I would eyeball it. About a third of it in the cider, and the rest in in the kit beer. Shake well to aerate and your making adult beverages in a few hours.

I would eyeball it. About a third of it in the cider, and the rest in in the kit beer. Shake well to aerate and your making adult beverages in a few hours.

I was thinking about that but wasn't sure... 4g on the cider and the rest on the kit.
Thanks for your help :)

Hi,

I have a packet of dry yeast SafAle S-04 11.5g and I would like to use it for 2 batches.
One is a brewferm kriek kit that makes 12 litres and at the same time I would like to make 5 litres of cider.
My concern is, how much grams should I use in each of the batches???

Regards,
Oz

I treat cider like wine; 1g of yeast per gallon up to 24 Brix, 1.25g per gallon if the sugar is above that....and you need to use nutrient for the cider, it is lacking in things the yeast needs.

I treat cider like wine; 1g of yeast per gallon up to 24 Brix, 1.25g per gallon if the sugar is above that....and you need to use nutrient for the cider, it is lacking in things the yeast needs.

Didn't knew about needing the nutrient.
Thanks for the info :)

Starters are for making sure you are pitching enough yeast, for a single dry pack that is usually enough for a 5 gallon batch... aaaaand I just saw that you are making 12L from a kit and 5L of cider, misread that thinking you were making 5 GALLONS of cider. Splitting the pack ought to be fine then.

Latest posts

Back