1 year aged pale ale

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MeatyPortion

Internet Bartender
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Just got back and found that not all of the beer I made last year was able to fit in the fridge so it got just short of 1 year's aging. Tastes great though.

IMG_2417.jpg

By the way, slight self-trumpeting update:

I served some of my homebrew to a couple I'm friends with last night. They both liked it after tasting it in a small tasting glass, and my buddy said he'd have a bottle of it while at the same time trying to offer his girlfriend a bottle of Sam Adams Noble Pils; she grabbed my homebrew from him and gave him the Sam Adams. I laughed.

By the way, slight self-trumpeting update:

I served some of my homebrew to a couple I'm friends with last night. They both liked it after tasting it in a small tasting glass, and my buddy said he'd have a bottle of it while at the same time trying to offer his girlfriend a bottle of Sam Adams Noble Pils; she grabbed my homebrew from him and gave him the Sam Adams. I laughed.

Haha that's awesome!

BTW how did you get your beer so clear? Is that because you let it sit for a year?

Waytogo! Can you make a general comparison between the taste of this beer at
older vs. younger? It really is beautifully clear.

Generally speaking, the older beer is cleaner tasting and clearer in appearance. The hops are a little less pronounced but otherwise I don't notice too much difference. Still tastes great.

Great to hear, I had a cream ale in a corny for a year in my wine cellar due to a fridge failing and not having the money to replace it. But once I got a new fridge I threw it right in and it tasted great to me and a few other people who tried it. I think like wine most beers will stay pretty darn good for longer then usually stated!

I drank a beer last night that I probably brewed over two years ago. I have no idea what it was. It sat in the garage for at least one summer and I should have thrown it out, but I didn't.

I enjoyed it. Sort of a sweet caramel, with hint of hops. Not something I'd probably share with anyone, but I definitely enjoyed the experience.

That beer on the other hand, actually looks damn good and probably tastes a lot more like it was supposed to.

Back