1" OD vinyl tubing

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bcryan

Reaction score
anyone use 1" OD vinyl tubing for blow off?? how does it fit? is it a good enough fit to keep stuff from getting in? just trying to figure out what i should use for a blow off tube. just like everything else there seems to be a million options and everybody does something different. cheers

anyone use 1" OD vinyl tubing for blow off?? how does it fit? is it a good enough fit to keep stuff from getting in? just trying to figure out what i should use for a blow off tube. just like everything else there seems to be a million options and everybody does something different. cheers

I just use extra beer hose. 3/16" or 1/2" ID

Its not meant to keep stuff in, its meant to let stuff go out. The OD doesnt really matter, its the ID is what count. If the ID is to small it may still constrict the flow, in which case your lid could blow off like mine did a few weeks ago. Although i didnt use a blow off tube.

forgot to add the "how does it fit" part. most people just cut a hole the size of the OD, then find a rubber grommet that fits, then stick your hose in. then put the end of the into a bowl of sanitized H2O

Its not meant to keep stuff in, its meant to let stuff go out. The OD doesnt really matter, its the ID is what count. If the ID is to small it may still constrict the flow, in which case your lid could blow off like mine did a few weeks ago. Although i didnt use a blow off tube.

i was worried that it wouldnt fit nice and snug and would let dirt and fruit flies or whatever possibly in.

Back