1 Gal. batch AG system

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

67coupe390

Reaction score
I love the new AG mashtun I made for my 1 gal batches. Its cheap and easy. It works well when I want to brew but don't have much time or much money. Takes up no space. Its just a 2 gal. igloo legend round cooler. I have to wrap it in a blankets to keep temp. I put in a 3/8" ball valve and bulkhead. I used 12" of braided SS. I first used 4" of braided SS but got a stuck sparge. Lesson learned. Waiting to see what the eff. is. Oh ya its a red cooler.

It works well when I want to brew but don't have much time or much money

Its good to test out ingredints too. Say I want to try a peanut butter stout, I might need to try a few different brands before I get what I want. Or say I want to brew a bourbon porter when its time to bottle and add the bourbon I only need to add 2oz instead of 10 oz. After all I'm not Bill Gates!!! LOL!!! :mug:
I took mt 3 hours from start (getting all the stuff together) to the last pot cleaned. Its easier to get the SWMBO's blessing when I don't have to tell her that it will take 6 or 8 hours.

This might be a slight hijack, but...

What do you ferment in? I have thought about doing some small test batches of a couple of experimental ideas, but I don't know what I would use to ferment a 1 or 2 gal batch in.

Back