1 Element BK PID Wiring Diagram - Deluxe Extract Brewing

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LovelessAndroid

Reaction score
I haven't been able to find a good wiring diagram for a boil kettle controller to get me started on my brewing upgrades. I wanted it to be deluxe, with buzzers, extra receptacles, a contactor, all the good stuff of the big-leagues but for my little 40 quart aluminum pot. Basically the Cadillac controller of extract brewing.

I hijacked another thread's wiring schematic and came up with my own. I finally am understanding how this whole wiring thing works! This was a great exercise to figure it out.

Anyways, please give me feedback on the design. I hope it becomes a good resource for other people looking at a deluxe extract boiling set-up like me. Are there any good changes to make or parts to add?

NOT PICTURED: RTD wiring; Spa Panel; Switch for receptacles (?); Complete neutral loop for buzzer

Looks nice and will accomplish what you want. I would split some of the load from L1 and put the 120v on L2 instead. And the Neutral seems to be missing from the 120v outlet. Will you be using a pump as well? You could break the HOT connection between the 2 120v outlets and add a switch so you have an always on and switched outlet for 120v. Just in case you decide to need to switch something from your panel.

Don't forget to add a couple of cup holders.

Now you have a Cadillac!

EDIT: You might also want to consider putting in a float switch so you don't accidentally dry fire your element.

Latest posts

Back